Under the title Open Burning Regulations please note that a burn permit is required and available at House #3 M-F 8-4:30.
NOTIFY THE FIRE DEPARTMENT EACH AND EVERY DAY OF THE BURN - BEFORE BURNING BEGINS
CALL (314) 741-9905 - WEEKENDS (314) 741-9920
conditions of an open burning permit are based on the following
and failure to comply shall result in revocation of
- The fire site is no more than 5 feet long by 5 feet high.
- Painted, creosoted, wolmanized or otherwise-treated wood cannot be used to fuel the fire.
Burning of construction materials, trash, hazardous materials, and chemicals is strictly prohibited! Commercial use/disposal is also prohibited!
- At least two (2) fire extinguishers or a charged hose line shall be placed near the proposed site.
- The fire shall be constantly attended while burning and for at least an hour following extinguishment.
- A representative from teh Fire Protection District may inspect the site on the date of the planned event.
- The Fire Protection District shall order the extinguishment of the fire if it creates or adds to a hazardous or objectionable situation per Missouri Air Pollution Control Rule 10 CSR 10-6.170 or the BOCA Fire Prevention Code Section 403.4.3.
- Open Burn Permit shall be present at the burn site the day(s) of the event and shall be made available to fire, police, or environmental officials upon request.
- Residential burning is permitted in unincorporated St. Louis County from September 16 - April 14 during the hours of 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. without a permit from St. Louis County.
PLEASE BE AWARE OF INCREASING WIND CONDITIONS
TO FIRE PREVENTION TIPS