Stay in the Kitchen When Cooking on the Stove Top!
by Judy Comoletti
Last weekend I celebrated my birthday with my family at my favorite Italian restaurant in the North End of Boston – Ristorante Limoncello. While eating some wonderful bread with olive oil and parmesan cheese, I heard sirens and saw red lights flashing against the buildings on the narrow street. Two engines arrived and stopped right in front of the restaurant. Of course, I was interested in what was going on. I excused myself from the table and went outside to speak to a couple of the fire fighters. They told me it was in an apartment and probably something on the stovetop.
From the response of the fire fighters, it seemed like this was a routine occurrence. Unattended cooking is the leading cause of kitchen fires. Please keep an eye on what you fry. Stay in the kitchen when you are frying, grilling or broiling food. Check out our cooking safety tips sheet. It has good information that just might keep you fire safe in the kitchen.
The fire department left the scene and my dinner celebration continued.
Article from the National
Fire Protection Association
TO FIRE PREVENTION TIPS